KEGs aim to form people – to put on the mind of an evangelist, acquire the heart and passion of one, practical skills, and be supported while doing it. All of this requires significant human education but is also reliant on God and grace, and a basic Christian commitment.
For these reasons, the meetings include
- Prayer – to God and for / with each other:
- Teaching-training sections
- Sharing experience (of faith and of evangelisation) and reflecting on it
- Planning practical evangelistic activities.
- Fellowship and mutual encouragement.
It is important to encourage active participation and the learning of skills as well as personal and spiritual growth.